student in ottawa, ontario, she/her
perpetual meal prepping
i'm a computer science student at carleton university in the industrial applications stream and a dev degree intern at shopify!
a work-integrated learning program at shopify!
- communicate with parks canada about sponsorship, grants, and other opportunities that they provide
- reach out to outdoor-gear stores in ottawa to increase accessibility to gear for student members. talk to other clubs and act as PCOCC liaison for joint events
- manage CUSA communications in collaboration with co-presidents
- work on outreach to speakers, organizations, and other community groups to organize and coordinate events
- create communications to share events and fundraising initiatives
- taught children the foundations of computational thinking and digital skills development through STEM focused activities
- lead bi-weekly meetings of over 50 people to plan and coordinate activities to encourage participation in the arts
- ran and coordinated over 12 large-scale events as a member and leader of the arts council
- created and managed project proposals for over 7 annual events and weekly student activities with over 1500 participants
- coordinated cross-club collaboration to plan and run student morale boosters
- instructed on british parliamentary style debate to over 30 students
- moderated and participated in bi-weekly debates based on current news and events
this is awarded to students within the ottawa catholic school board who have both demonstrated community involvement and fundraising involvement and taken initiative and demonstrated leadership in their school community.